Anti Modern Day Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy
Work in Maritime Limited.
160 City Road
London, EC1V 2NX
Modern Day Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy.
workinmaritime.com is committed to keeping any and all users of our company services safe, well and valued. We deplore and condemn any notion or instance of forced labour or movement of people, which is contrary to the will of the person being subjected to it. This is what we and the United Nations consider to be Modern Day Slavery and/or Human Trafficking.
As a result, we have adopted this “Modern Day Slavery and Human Trafficking” Statement which sets down our commitment to preventing modern-day slavery (“MDS”) and human trafficking (“HT”) in any and all of our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and any supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Our Staff and anyone associated with our website or company, are expected and actively encouraged to report any concerns that MDS or HT is taking place.
This statement covers the business activities of Workinmaritime.com which are as follows:
1. This policy is adopted by Work in Maritime Limited. Our registered office is located at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom. Our Managing Director is responsible for creating and reviewing policies. The process by which policies are developed is by looking at best practice and adapting to the needs of the Company, its employees and who it does business with.
2. The Managing Director is responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights in any of our business dealings. The MD shall also be responsible for due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of MDS and HT affecting our business operations or those we do business with. This will also include businesses and companies that we allow to advertise on our website or recruit from our Member Users.
3. To ensure a good understanding of the risks of MDS & HT in our business and supply chains, the Company requires all of our staff, User Members, Third-Party Suppliers and Advertisers to be aware of our policy, to be vigilant and take any necessary action to prevent misuse of this policy or anyone associated with our website.
4. The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no instance/s of MDS or HT activity in our business or any of our supply chains. This Statement affirms our intention to act ethically in all our business relationships.
5. The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations.
5.1 Whistleblowing - the Company encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to its direct activities or its supply chains.
5.2 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy - The Company’s objective summarises how we manage our social and environmental impacts and how we work responsibly with suppliers and local communities.
6. Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking - The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers or advertisers, and regularly reviews its existing client base.
7. We will evaluate the MDS & HT risks of each new supplier AND/OR invoking sanctions against suppliers or advertisers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan provided by us. This can include the termination of the business relationship.
8. As a conscientious and responsible company, Workinmaritime.com will always alert the relevant authorities, in any and all case and situation that we believe that any form of MDS & HT, whether actual or suspected.
9. This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary.